(The English translation is intended for reference only. In case of any discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail).
Macau Buddhism Foundation Scholarship – Calling for applications for Scholarships for PhD and Master’s Programs from 7 July to 25 July 2023
To support the University of Macau in cultivating talents and to promote the study of the history of religion and religious culture to support the establishment of “One Base (A base for exchange and cooperation where Chinese culture prevails, and diverse cultures coexist in Macau)” for Macau, starting from the academic year 2023/2024, the Macau Buddhism Foundation will provide scholarships to students of the University who are engaged in Macau studies. To promote relevant research and deepen society’s understanding of the historical development of religion and the unique culture of Macau. Details are as follows:
PhD Program Scholarship
- A single Macau Buddhism Foundation Scholarship will be available for the PhD program. The scholarship recipient will be awarded MOP 50,000 per academic year for a maximum of four years, subject to an evaluation of their performance in each academic year. Representatives from the Centre for Macau Studies at the University of Macau and the Macau Buddhism Foundation will jointly select the scholarship recipient. The Centre for Macau Studies will notify applicants of the final decision.
- Eligibility: The beneficiary of this scholarship must be a student who is currently enrolled in or has been admitted to a PhD program at the University of Macau. The thesis research should be related to the history of religious development in Macau, religious culture and other related topics.
- Students must submit their applications for the PhD program scholarship. Applicants must send their personal resumes, past academic records, and doctoral program research proposals to email@example.com. If necessary, applicants may be invited for an interview.
- Scholarship recipients are required to sign the “Confirmation of Acceptance of the Macau Buddhism Foundation Scholarship” to accept the obligations associated with the scholarship.
Master’s Program Scholarship
- The scholarship recipient of the master program will be awarded a one-time stipend of up to MOP 10,000, with 5 available scholarships.
- The applicant should be recommended by the supervisor. Representatives from the Centre for Macau Studies at the University of Macau and the Macau Buddhism Foundation will jointly select based on professors’ recommendations. The Centre for Macau Studies will notify the final decision to the applicants.
- The applicants are required to send their supervisor’s recommendation letter, applicant’s personal resume, and past academic records to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any enquiry, please feel free to send an email to Ms. Lao at email@example.com.
The Centre for Macau Studies at the University of Macau reserves the right to make the final decision and to interpret the above rules and regulations.