The Annual Conference of Macao Studies 2022
Jointly Convened by Journal of Contemporary Asia, China Information, and Journal of Macau Studies
28 Nov-2 Dec 2022, University of Macau, Macao
Audiences Registration for the Annual Conference of Macao Studies 2022 is Now Open
We are glad to inform that there will have more than 40 paper presentations in the Annual Conference of Macao Studies 2022. In view of the uncertainties under the pandemic, the upcoming Annual Conference of Macao Studies 2022 will be held completely online (via zoom), by Centre for Macau Studies, University of Macau.
Audiences Registration for the conference is now open. Audiences who are interested on the conference are advised to register before 15 Oct 2022.
Thank you for your conference submission. Selected papers have already been notified individually.
Anyone who have not yet heard from us please send your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are pleased to invite researchers who are interested in the study of Asia, Greater China, and Macao, to submit paper proposals for presentations at the Annual Conference of the Centre for Macau Studies, to be held on 28 Nov-2 Dec 2022 in Macao. This Annual Conference will be jointly convened by three referred journals, namely Journal of Contemporary Asia, China Information, and Journal of Macau Studies. Selected papers will be considered for publication in the journals.
The Conference will feature keynote address, panel papers, and roundtable discussions on topics related to Asia, Greater China, and Macao. The Conference will be hosted by the Centre for Macau Studies at the University of Macau.
Due to the influence of COVID-19 pandemic, the annual conference will be organized in a hybrid mode, scholars in China’s Greater Bay Area (GBA) area will be invited to participate the sessions/ panels holding in University of Macau, and foreign scholars can join the online sessions/ panels.
- China Information
- Journal of Contemporary Asia
- Journal of Macau Studies
- Centre for Macau Studies, University of Macau
- Macao Foundation
Themes of the Conference
The conveners welcome proposals for original papers on the following themes related to Asia, Greater China, and Macao:
- Geo-economics, geo-politics, and scalar politics
- Globalization, neoliberalism, and global and regional political economy
- Digital politics and social engineering under Big Data
- Urbanism, heritage, and sustainable development
- Local histories and shifting identities
- Institutional change and governance
- Civil society, citizenship, and resistance
- Class and inequality
- Social cleavages and marginalization
- Papers should represent original works by the authors. They should not be published previously or currently under review by publishers.
- Please submit abstracts (max 300 words) before 15 April 2022 by following methods:
- Those authors whose submissions are selected for the Conference will be notified before 31 May 2022.
- Full papers (10,000 words, including notes, tables, and references) should be sent before 15 October
- The conveners will have first right to select and publish the papers or their revised forms. Selected papers will be considered for publication in Journal of Contemporary Asia, China Information, or Journal of Macau Studies, subject to each journal’s refereeing policies and processes. Conference participants who have their papers selected by one of these journals will be advised by 31 March 2023.
Conference Venue, Accommodation, and Registration
The Conference will take place at the University of Macau. The organizer will provide hotel accommodation for two nights (28-29 Nov 2022 inclusive) for China’s Greater Bay Area Participants who are expected to take care of their own travel expenses. Other Participants will join the online sessions/ panels.
The organizer reserves the right to reject the conference papers and withhold accommodation should the submitted papers fall short of acceptable scholarly standard.
Pre-registration is needed for the Conference, but no registration fee is required.
- Call for papers – 15 February 2022
- Submission of abstract – before 15 April 2022
- Notification of acceptance – before 31 May 2022
- Submission of full paper – 15 October 2022
- Registration – 1 October – 1 November 2022
- Conference dates – 28 November – 2 December 2022
- Journal editors’ advice to authors – 31 March 2023
For enquiries about the conference, please contact Ms. Sharon Lao at email@example.com, Ms. Alex Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ms. Winnie Lo at email@example.com.