This programme will promote a coherent and synthetic study of Macao in political, economic, social, cultural and historical aspects. It will shed light on the development of East-West exchanges, or the clash and cooperation of civilizations and cultures. It will help explain the world-historical meaning of the Macao experience. It is also expected to make a great contribution to the intellectual understanding of Macao as a significant bridge for the East and the West’s interaction in the areas of culture, religion, literature, arts and etc .
- Admission is open to applicants who have at least a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related fields from an accredited institution.
- Applicants currently studying in the final year of Bachelor’s degree programmes may also submit applications. Successful applicants will be provisionally offered and will only be formally admitted upon successful completion of their Bachelor’s degree programmes with overall result satisfying the requirements set by the respective programme.
- Applicants should have achieved the equivalent* of an overall result of Grade C+ or better in the Bachelor’s degree studies.
- Applicants must fulfil the Language Proficiency requirement of the specific programme.
*The equivalent means 2.3 on the 4.0 GPA scale, 14 on the 20-point scale or 70 out of 100.
For Master of Social Sciences in Macao Studies Programme (Registered in/ before 2018/2019) : Students will take 4 compulsory courses and 4 or 5 required elective courses courses as well as an Academic Thesis or Applied Thesis; For Master of Philosophy in Macao Studies Programme (Registered in/ after 2019/2020) : Students will take 4 compulsory courses and 2 required elective courses courses as well as a Thesis.
Website of Graduate School：http://www.umac.mo/grs
- Tuition Fees
- Handbook for Postgraduate Studies
- UM Academic Calendar
Website of Resitry：http://www.umac.mo/reg
- Calculation method for study period of mainland students in Hong Kong and Macao
- Points to Note for Non-resident Students on Termination of Studies
Information and Communication Technology Office：http://www.umac.mo/icto
- SI Web Service
*This is for your reference only, please access to GRS website (http://www.umac.mo/grs) for the updated information.